General Discussion General discussion about all things car audio, from pioneer, orion, alpine and eclipse.

good amp for 2 10' alpine type x subs and box to house them?

Old 11-15-2008, 11:11 PM
  #1  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 150
good amp for 2 10' alpine type x subs and box to house them?

What should I be looking for in an amp? And would 2-12' subs be better? Of course the box would change if I got the 12's
hoponpop is offline  
Old 11-16-2008, 07:36 PM
  #2  
500 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (3)
 
LOWTONEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 872
For an amp you have to specify what youre budget is, and how much power you are looking for. As for box i would recommend 2.5cu.ft internal sapce tuned to 35 hz. That would be for the 2-10s.
LOWTONEZ is offline  
Old 11-16-2008, 08:32 PM
  #3  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by r1d1n5p1nn3r5 View Post
For an amp you have to specify what youre budget is, and how much power you are looking for. As for box i would recommend 2.5cu.ft internal sapce tuned to 35 hz. That would be for the 2-10s.
haven't picked a budget. And would more power be better? If so that's what i'm looking for and sweet thanks
hoponpop is offline  
Old 11-17-2008, 12:15 PM
  #4  
500 Watt CAFz'r
 
TragicMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 723
Since the TypeE is a SVC 4ohm subwoofer, you're going to wire them in parallel to get a final load of 2 ohms to whatever amp you choose. The RMS is 250W. I'd get an amp that puts out 600-750W x 1 @ 2 ohms.

Here's a few amps that can do it...

Pioneer Premier PRS-D1200M 600W x 1 @ 2ohm

Pioneer GM-D8400M 600W x 1 @ 2ohm

Kicker ZX750.1 750W x 1 @ 2ohm

Clarion DPX1851 850W x 1 @ 2ohm

Hertz EP 1D
750W x 1 @ 2ohm

Sundown SAE-1000D 600W x 1 @ 2ohm

Type E manual. On page 4 it shows the optimum sealed and ported enclosures for this particular subwoofer.

Hope that helps.
TragicMagic is offline  
Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 PM
  #5  
500 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (3)
 
LOWTONEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 872
he said type x. And i would recommend 1500rms-2000rms, this would slam most definetly. There are lots of brands out there, look at alpines new 2000 watt amp, some maxxsonics stuff is well priced and good for power, sundown is a great product that has been proving itself. Some more expensive but good products include, kicker, jbl, memphis, digital designs. That should give you some basics, if there is anything in particular you are looking for besides power?
LOWTONEZ is offline  
Old 11-18-2008, 06:16 PM
  #6  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by r1d1n5p1nn3r5 View Post
he said type x. And i would recommend 1500rms-2000rms, this would slam most definetly. There are lots of brands out there, look at alpines new 2000 watt amp, some maxxsonics stuff is well priced and good for power, sundown is a great product that has been proving itself. Some more expensive but good products include, kicker, jbl, memphis, digital designs. That should give you some basics, if there is anything in particular you are looking for besides power?
I don't know what else an amp has to offer, so no i'm not looking for anything else right now. I think i'll see if the store i'm gunna be going to be has the jbl or alpine amp in. thanks
hoponpop is offline  
Old 11-18-2008, 06:28 PM
  #7  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 150
whats the model of the alpine and jbl amps by the way? Just so I can check them out
hoponpop is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 02:02 PM
  #8  
0 Watt CAFz'r
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 26
Type X 10s I believe have 750w RMS
Best solution in my opinion?

Get Type X 12s and power them with 2 Alpine M1000 amplifiers (each is 1000w RMS)
$450 each amp but damn its worth it.
ac_2007 is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 02:06 PM
  #9  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Type X 10s I believe have 750w RMS
Best solution in my opinion?

Get Type X 12s and power them with 2 Alpine M1000 amplifiers (each is 1000w RMS)
$450 each amp but damn its worth it.
is there not one amp that can output 2000 wrms? And I might not be able to get the 12's would it be the same for 10's? Also I can't find the m1000 any other amp that does the same? Does the Alpine PDX 1000W Digital Mono Car Amplifier do the same? Or am I looking for more channels than 1?

Last edited by hoponpop; 11-19-2008 at 02:10 PM.
hoponpop is offline  
Old 11-19-2008, 02:56 PM
  #10  
500 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (3)
 
LOWTONEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 872
alpine now makes a 2000 watt amp (mrp-m2000) but this is rms power. The pdx has an rms output of 1000 rms. But these amps retail for 700-900 a piece.You are looking for a lot of power . Is this purely a listening system? You can get 1-12 and 100 wats and still have a very loud stereo.
LOWTONEZ is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: good amp for 2 10' alpine type x subs and box to house them?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.