Enclosure Design & Construction Help Post and discuss your car audio box construction, design, fiberglass and other fabrication questions here.

Sub box-School Project Help!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 PM
  #1  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
unknown123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 202
Sub box-School Project Help!

Hey everyone! just have two questions about my sub box that i'm making for my school project. Just had 2 questions

1. Is it ok to have the sub up port back in a trunk? 1 12" alpine type r

2. Where do you buy subwoofer box carpet? Cant find any anywhere!

Box

H:13 in
W: 35 in
D: 14
port opening: 2.75 in
total port length 30 In
unknown123 is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 PM
  #2  
500 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 539
You can have sub up port back in a trunk but it tends to vibrate the trunk lid alot.

If you have fold down seats, then sub front port to the side tends to a be louder combination.

Sub front, port front works well, with very little vibration in the trunk as long the seats are folded down.

Box carpet go here Crutchfield Canada
Sonic is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 09:56 PM
  #3  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
unknown123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 202
Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
You can have sub up port back in a trunk but it tends to vibrate the trunk lid alot.

If you have fold down seats, then sub front port to the side tends to a be louder combination.

Sub front, port front works well, with very little vibration in the trunk as long the seats are folded down.

Box carpet go here Crutchfield Canada
i can see how it tends to vibrate the trunk lid haha. But my main question is that will it have issues unloading at the port? been reading up alot on this

and for crutchfield, i cant really order online only 1 and dont have a credit card yet. But thanks for the suggestion!
unknown123 is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 10:18 PM
  #4  
500 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 539
Should'nt have unloading issues at the port. If you have a sketch, can post it so I can see the box?

Dont know anyone locally that sells box carpet mann, some one else may chime in on that.
Sonic is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM
  #5  
500 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 539
If i remember correctly, princess auto carries replacement carpet you can go have a look and see if it will work for you.
Sonic is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 AM
  #6  
50 Watt CAFz'r
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 141
Go to the flea market( ones that have car audio vendors) they usually have the carpet for around 5$/meter
momax_powers is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:39 PM
  #7  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
unknown123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 202
Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
Should'nt have unloading issues at the port. If you have a sketch, can post it so I can see the box?

Dont know anyone locally that sells box carpet mann, some one else may chime in on that.
Hey! just sketched this up with Google sketch up. The sun is a 12" alpine type r 1243D.

If i can do sub up port front, that would be good! if not, i dont mind doing sub front port front
Attached Thumbnails Sub box-School Project Help!-subwoofer-box.jpg  
unknown123 is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 02:41 PM
  #8  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
unknown123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 202
Originally Posted by momax_powers View Post
Go to the flea market( ones that have car audio vendors) they usually have the carpet for around 5$/meter
do they actually sell it there? if so you are a life saver! does the one in Mississauga sell it? i know they have a big car audio vendor
unknown123 is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM
  #9  
500 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 539
Originally Posted by unknown123 View Post
Hey! just sketched this up with Google sketch up. The sun is a 12" alpine type r 1243D.

If i can do sub up port front, that would be good! if not, i dont mind doing sub front port front
That sketch is fine you wont have unloading issues, also, sub front, port front will be better, with sub as close to the port, that way you will be firing into the cabin.
Sonic is offline  
Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM
  #10  
50 Watt CAFz'r
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 141
Originally Posted by unknown123 View Post
do they actually sell it there? if so you are a life saver! does the one in Mississauga sell it? i know they have a big car audio vendor
I goto the one on dixie n eglington .... There is a guy who sells tons of kicker stuff.... He has black carpet at 3$ 54" wide per meter
momax_powers is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sub box-School Project Help!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.