General Discussion General discussion about all things car audio, from pioneer, orion, alpine and eclipse.

2005 CTS, Pioneer N2.. Fuse keeps blowing+battery keeps dying

Old 01-23-2007, 04:48 PM
  #1  
aky
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7
2005 CTS, Pioneer N2.. Fuse keeps blowing+battery keeps dying

Here's my problems, i really need some help to get this fixed...

1-Had the Pioneer N2 DVD Deck installed
2-battery died in car about 3 months later, battery was completely drained, and the ECM/TCM Fuses blew. Car was in Park, radio was on. Keys stuck in ignition
3-SAME AS ABOVE
4-Same as above but my car was in MOTION while this happened.

First 2 times, GM covered this under warrenty. They changed fuses and recharged battery and even replaced the battery. But this third time, they said it COULD my DVD Deck that was blowing the fuses. They didnt cover me. I took my vehicle back to the car audio place, they installed a POWER RELAY, and said it might help, but everything checks out on their install. From when i got this installed and til now, it's been about 9 months. The power relay was just installed today, so i dont know if this will fix it, what do you think?

Does anyone know what this could be, i dont want to get stuck in the middle of the road monthly, i now carry extra fuses just in case

Is this the install, should of the installer put the Power Relay the first time, or is this a vehicle problem???

If anyone can help please let me know

thanks

2005 CTS
Pioneer N2
aky is offline  
Old 01-23-2007, 04:55 PM
  #2  
500 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 754
When you had them install the N2 did they use all the proper harness'ss.ALso does your on-star still work.
cavy man14 is offline  
Old 01-23-2007, 05:17 PM
  #3  
aky
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by cavy man14
When you had them install the N2 did they use all the proper harness'ss.ALso does your on-star still work.
yes the proper harness was used, i gave it to them and NO the onstar and door chimes do not work, could this be it?

thanks
aky is offline  
Old 01-24-2007, 11:21 AM
  #4  
500 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 754
Originally Posted by aky
yes the proper harness was used, i gave it to them and NO the onstar and door chimes do not work, could this be it?

thanks
See this is what im thinking and i could be way off,but as you know gm intruduced the data bus 2 system in 2000.Now i know on the cheaper gm cars there wasn't a problem at all and you just lost some feats(IE) door chimes,seat belt guy etc.But on the 50K cars im not to sure,as i was told the computer reads things from the hu,and im thinking cause you factory hu isit there or proper harness'es are not there on your CTS.The computer goes looking for data and comes back with none,Then shuts down the car.

I also was thinking, they didn't use the proper harness and t-taped into the wrong acc wire/wire and its overloading the circuit.

It sounds like they didn't use the proper harness as to why you don't have your door chimes or on-star anymore.

Heres the harness im talking about,metra makes one to

http://peripheralelectronics.com/prodDetail.asp?strProductID=561&strCategory=OnStar/Data-Bus/CANBus&strSearch=
cavy man14 is offline  
Old 01-24-2007, 12:52 PM
  #5  
aky
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by cavy man14
See this is what im thinking and i could be way off,but as you know gm intruduced the data bus 2 system in 2000.Now i know on the cheaper gm cars there wasn't a problem at all and you just lost some feats(IE) door chimes,seat belt guy etc.But on the 50K cars im not to sure,as i was told the computer reads things from the hu,and im thinking cause you factory hu isit there or proper harness'es are not there on your CTS.The computer goes looking for data and comes back with none,Then shuts down the car.

I also was thinking, they didn't use the proper harness and t-taped into the wrong acc wire/wire and its overloading the circuit.

It sounds like they didn't use the proper harness as to why you don't have your door chimes or on-star anymore.

Heres the harness im talking about,metra makes one to

http://peripheralelectronics.com/prodDetail.asp?strProductID=561&strCategory=OnStar/Data-Bus/CANBus&strSearch=
thanks for the reply, how would i know if it's the harness this is the one i got
http://www.installer-data.com/item/display_item.php?it=70-1784

i should also mention there is no amp.

one question i have is why did the installer put in a Power Relay after i took it back. Is one needed? Did they forget to put it in the first time?
aky is offline  
Old 01-24-2007, 03:50 PM
  #6  
1000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
Tom.F.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,217
The installer data link led to a volkswagon harness.

I looked up the preipheral link as well and he posted the wrong one.

The CTS needs the GMAHSC.

But like was already said, the data bus or on-star or chimes are draining your battery. If you don't have chimes, how would you know if you leave lights on or anything?
Tom.F.1 is offline  
Old 01-24-2007, 09:14 PM
  #7  
aky
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by Tom.F.1
The installer data link led to a volkswagon harness.

I looked up the preipheral link as well and he posted the wrong one.

The CTS needs the GMAHSC.

But like was already said, the data bus or on-star or chimes are draining your battery. If you don't have chimes, how would you know if you leave lights on or anything?
can not having chimes drain the battery?
aky is offline  
Old 01-24-2007, 09:46 PM
  #8  
Guest
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 295
If you have no chime in the vehicle than they used the wrong wiring harness, how much did you pay for the harness? The proper harness for that vehicle would have costed over $100.00, so I'm pretty sure that they just cheaped out on the harness. Pac makes really good data retention harnesses, the part number is OS2-GM32 by PAC. Did they even tell you why they used a relay? you shouldn't need a relay for an N2 install.
selective sound is offline  
Old 01-25-2007, 12:40 AM
  #9  
aky
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by selective sound
If you have no chime in the vehicle than they used the wrong wiring harness, how much did you pay for the harness? The proper harness for that vehicle would have costed over $100.00, so I'm pretty sure that they just cheaped out on the harness. Pac makes really good data retention harnesses, the part number is OS2-GM32 by PAC. Did they even tell you why they used a relay? you shouldn't need a relay for an N2 install.

the harness cost me $13usd... http://www.installer-data.com/item/display_item.php?it=70-1784
they said they used a relay just in case power is still going to the deck when the car is turned off.

as far as the harness, according to installer.com it's the right one. so can having this harness be the problem?

thanks

Last edited by aky; 01-25-2007 at 12:42 AM.
aky is offline  
Old 01-25-2007, 01:06 AM
  #10  
Guest
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 295
Originally Posted by aky
the harness cost me $13usd... http://www.installer-data.com/item/display_item.php?it=70-1784
they said they used a relay just in case power is still going to the deck when the car is turned off.

as far as the harness, according to installer.com it's the right one. so can having this harness be the problem?

thanks
The Installer.com is wrong about the harness. A cadillac's electrical is something you do not want to screw up.
selective sound is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 CTS, Pioneer N2.. Fuse keeps blowing+battery keeps dying


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.