General Discussion General discussion about all things car audio, from pioneer, orion, alpine and eclipse.

Ho to I built a simple sealed box around 2cuft.?

Old 08-13-2009, 06:22 AM
  #1  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 198
Ho to I built a simple sealed box around 2cuft.?

My friend built me a ported box for my sub but I'm not happy with it so I want to built a good sealed box around 2cuft. what measurements do I Need also what glue should I use and what kind of screws should I use?

Thanks !!
Scottie is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 AM
  #2  
4000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (17)
 
JordyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 6,363
Really... figuring out how to measure a box that is 2cf should be pretty easy. If you can't get that part figured out you should REALLY be getting help from someone else. (quick example... 12x12x24 is a 2cf box, but you'll want to play around with those dimentions to fit your sub/car appropriately)

Glue - regular wood glue from Home Depot... LePage/Aylmers is all good.

Screws - Wood/deck screws is what I've always used and it works well.
JordyO is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM
  #3  
2000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (6)
 
jalat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,736
2 cubic feet for a 12" is a bit too much.

I'd do something around 1.5 cubic feet

use this website:
Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer BoxWizard
jalat is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 11:48 AM
  #4  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 198
Originally Posted by jalat View Post
2 cubic feet for a 12" is a bit too much.

I'd do something around 1.5 cubic feet

use this website:
Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer BoxWizard
I think the Manufacture recomends 2 cubic feet, I think. someone else recommanded 2 cubic feet to a Mod here big red guy I think I will go check now.
Scottie is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 11:54 AM
  #5  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 198
yeah big red guy says about 2 Cubic feet after looking up my Sub Daimond D9 TDX 12 " only after looking up my sub on the net, I'm switch back to the sealed because the ported one my friend built me needs a sub sonic filter and I don't have one on my amp and also it doesn't sound great up loud but sounds fine on lower volumes maybe port noise I don't know.
Scottie is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 11:55 AM
  #6  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 198
Originally Posted by JordyO View Post
Really... figuring out how to measure a box that is 2cf should be pretty easy. If you can't get that part figured out you should REALLY be getting help from someone else. (quick example... 12x12x24 is a 2cf box, but you'll want to play around with those dimentions to fit your sub/car appropriately)

Glue - regular wood glue from Home Depot... LePage/Aylmers is all good.

Screws - Wood/deck screws is what I've always used and it works well.
thank you do you know the length of srcrews I need? So I think I will just built that box 12x12x24 that should work?
Scottie is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 12:35 PM
  #7  
4000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (17)
 
JordyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 6,363
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
thank you do you know the length of srcrews I need? So I think I will just built that box 12x12x24 that should work?
If you're using 3/4" MDF then I would personally use 1.5" wood screws.

The 12x12x24 WILL work, but I personally wouldn't build that box

I'd go something like 14hx14wx19d which will give you approximately 2.15 cubes.

Displacement of that sub is 0.16 so you'll be pretty much exactly where you want to be.

(these are internal dimentions btw.... )
JordyO is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 12:58 PM
  #8  
50 Watt CAFz'r
 
weirdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 146
2 cubes for a sealed box... wtf... serious what the hell 12" sub is it cause my 12" subs are like .78
weirdo is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 01:05 PM
  #9  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 198
Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
2 cubes for a sealed box... wtf... serious what the hell 12" sub is it cause my 12" subs are like .78
its a daimond D9 TDX dual 4 ohm voice coil.
Scottie is offline  
Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 PM
  #10  
50 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 198
Originally Posted by JordyO View Post
If you're using 3/4" MDF then I would personally use 1.5" wood screws.

The 12x12x24 WILL work, but I personally wouldn't build that box

I'd go something like 14hx14wx19d which will give you approximately 2.15 cubes.

Displacement of that sub is 0.16 so you'll be pretty much exactly where you want to be.

(these are internal dimentions btw.... )
thank you,
Scottie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ho to I built a simple sealed box around 2cuft.?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.