General SQ General discussion of Sound Quality related issues.

Pioneer steroe keeps shutting off, lots of questions

Old 05-24-2016, 06:30 PM
  #1  
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 11
Pioneer steroe keeps shutting off, lots of questions

I just bought the
Pionner Deh-X6800BT
and hooked it to the front and rear factory speakers ( 05 lesabre)
and two Pioneer Ts-W25M 500 watt each sub woofers.
after using it a month, it started shutting off and resetting its self after 5-15 minutes.
I have no amp running.
to self identify the issue, I unhooked the original factory dash wires and ran new wires direct from the stereo to the speakers.
I ran the power to the main battery and aux to aux.
it seems to power off quicker whenever I have the volume past 40, it goes to 62. and whenever I put the bass to 3, it goes to 6. loudness to med, it goes to high.
Everything resets to factory except the blue tooth settings.
sometimes my settings will stay the same but the clock and stations reset and it asks " setup, yes/no"
so, could the stereo amp be bad, and or could I have blown the radios amp by hooking up two subs ( 500 watt each) and putting the power on med, bass half way and the radio loudness to 1/2 way?
or, what else can I check to make sure before I return the radio.
and, should I take a chance and get the same radio?
should I install a regular amp to run the subs?
I only have $120.00 in credit/exchange to spend.

Last edited by rocket9244; 05-24-2016 at 06:34 PM.
rocket9244 is offline  
Old 05-25-2016, 01:57 PM
  #2  
1000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
thumpper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,090
sounds like you ran the ohms too low....

you can not run under 4 ohms with the head unit speaker outputs with out
stressing the internal amplifier

the subs need a separate amp


you can find a speaker wiring diagram on 12volt.com that will show you different
configurations for your coils
thumpper is offline  
Old 05-25-2016, 02:10 PM
  #3  
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by thumpper View Post
sounds like you ran the ohms too low....

you can not run under 4 ohms with the head unit speaker outputs with out
stressing the internal amplifier

the subs need a separate amp


you can find a speaker wiring diagram on 12volt.com that will show you different
configurations for your coils

so basically, the amp in the radio probably blew because i need a amp to run the subs ?
rocket9244 is offline  
Old 05-25-2016, 06:49 PM
  #4  
1000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
thumpper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,090
Originally Posted by rocket9244 View Post
so basically, the amp in the radio probably blew because i need a amp to run the subs ?
driving the internal amplifier in a head unit to a low impedance will
cause problems...they were not designed for it

running subs off of a head unit is a bad idea all around

I would return the head unit as defective an get a warranty repair
or replacement and get an amplifier for the subs
thumpper is offline  
Old 05-31-2016, 03:23 PM
  #5  
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 11
got new radio and amp. same thing happining..

Originally Posted by thumpper View Post
driving the internal amplifier in a head unit to a low impedance will
cause problems...they were not designed for it

running subs off of a head unit is a bad idea all around

I would return the head unit as defective an get a warranty repair
or replacement and get an amplifier for the subs
well now what..same thing with new radio and 300 watt amp.
rocket9244 is offline  
Old 06-02-2016, 08:37 PM
  #6  
1000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
thumpper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,090
Originally Posted by rocket9244 View Post
well now what..same thing with new radio and 300 watt amp.

you have a problem with the install.....
check ALL the speaker wire for any kind of damage

I have seen speaker wire squashed flat and ground out even
though it looked OK


even with out an install problem you don't run subs with out an amp
thumpper is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:49 AM
  #7  
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by thumpper View Post
you have a problem with the install.....
check ALL the speaker wire for any kind of damage

I have seen speaker wire squashed flat and ground out even
though it looked OK


even with out an install problem you don't run subs with out an amp
theres a 300 wt amp now as I said in my last response. if a speaker wire was grounding out i would know. besides, it only has front speakers and amp hooked up with rca cables. everything is new. maybe the power to the radio isnt high enough gauge wire? what wire gauge do you all recommend just from battery to radio only.. not amp wire, thats ok.
rocket9244 is offline  
Old 06-03-2016, 12:52 PM
  #8  
1000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
thumpper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,090
Originally Posted by rocket9244 View Post
theres a 300 wt amp now as I said in my last response. if a speaker wire was grounding out i would know. besides, it only has front speakers and amp hooked up with rca cables. everything is new. maybe the power to the radio isnt high enough gauge wire? what wire gauge do you all recommend just from battery to radio only.. not amp wire, thats ok.
the head unit does not need a large gage power wire ,
the wire on the head unit goes to the factory radio power wire

I still say you have an install problem ,
otherwise there wouldn't be the same problem with a new deck and you would not be here

I would check ALL the speaker wire and connections as well as the speaker
terminals to make shure they are not touching anything
thumpper is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:53 PM
  #9  
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by thumpper View Post
the head unit does not need a large gage power wire ,
the wire on the head unit goes to the factory radio power wire

I still say you have an install problem ,
otherwise there wouldn't be the same problem with a new deck and you would not be here

I would check ALL the speaker wire and connections as well as the speaker
terminals to make shure they are not touching anything

I bought brand new wire and completely rewired the whole system, not using the wire harness and still the same thing. it must be a short/surge or something in the power/electrical system I guess. so, I'm gonna sell the car and take my losses or drive it without a radio. that would suck lol. . thanx for the help.
rocket9244 is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 08:45 PM
  #10  
1000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
thumpper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,090
Originally Posted by rocket9244 View Post
I bought brand new wire and completely rewired the whole system, not using the wire harness and still the same thing. it must be a short/surge or something in the power/electrical system I guess. so, I'm gonna sell the car and take my losses or drive it without a radio. that would suck lol. . thanx for the help.
I'v installed hundreds of head units and that makes absolutely NO sense.....

you either have something hooked up wrong or there is something damaged
that you do not see

just for kicks check your system voltage.....
if your alternator is throwing more than 14.5 volts it could cause problems
thumpper is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pioneer steroe keeps shutting off, lots of questions


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.