Car Alarm and Mobile Security Discuss car alarm installation, tips and other specifics about car alarms and car security. other topics may include remote starters and navigation.

saying hello from Zenesis Car Security

Old 07-06-2009, 04:32 PM
  #1  
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
saying hello from Zenesis Car Security

Hi guys,

many of you may already know me in person - including Davis from Selective Sounds, Ray from Rays Electronics, Jeff from Lockdown, etc..

Zenesis Electronics Corp manufacturers high end car security and remote starters - and we're actually 100% Canadian company.

This year, we decided to distribute directly for Eastern Canada region with the help of few local wholesalers. I was referred by a few to come to this forum and provide support (customer and tech) and represent our product on here as well.

So... feel free to ask questions to me via email, phone or PM about our line. Great to be on this forum!

- Sam.
sam@zenesis is offline  
Old 07-17-2009, 01:25 PM
  #2  
0 Watt CAFz'r
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2
saying hello from Zenesis Car Security

You can't. The factory security is a Passlock II system. When you turn the key over it sends a signal through a resistor that has to match the resistance memorized by the anti theft module. If this doesn't happen the car will not start.

___________
lease swap
oder is offline  
Old 07-17-2009, 01:52 PM
  #3  
500 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (5)
 
420guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 975
Welcome Sam, I will be in touch soon. Been taking my chances so far and will need an alarm soon. Do you have the ability to bypass the clutch switch in a manual vehicle for a starter? Or disable it entirely? I don't know how they do it, but I know they do. LOL Will just need to remember to keep it in neutral if I want to remote start it.
Thanks
Nick
420guy is offline  
Old 07-17-2009, 02:07 PM
  #4  
0 Watt CAFz'r
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by 420guy View Post
Welcome Sam, I will be in touch soon. Been taking my chances so far and will need an alarm soon. Do you have the ability to bypass the clutch switch in a manual vehicle for a starter? Or disable it entirely? I don't know how they do it, but I know they do. LOL Will just need to remember to keep it in neutral if I want to remote start it.
Thanks
Nick
Many years ago (20+) I built my own remote car starter and installed it in my manual car. Everything went well until I started the car in gear and it drove across the parking lot into the drainage ditch. Luckily there were no cars in the way. Later that day I installed a motion detector which would shut everything down if the slightest motion was detected. My car stayed dry ever after.

Dropout
Dropout is offline  
Old 07-17-2009, 02:20 PM
  #5  
2000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,751
Looks like a nice alarm .... no prox. sensor? I know it could be added, just wondering if you guys made one too. How much do one of these puppies cost? Say the 502 fully loaded with prox and back up batt?
DeadlySones is offline  
Old 07-18-2009, 08:46 AM
  #6  
50 Watt CAFz'r
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 365
very interesting!
i just happen to be looking for an alarm.
your address on yonge is that a store? i would like to see the remote for the 502. it looks kind of on the large side!
also how much for another 2 way remote on the 502 unit.. if i get a lcd unit the wife will want one too.

thnx
Dan
nghtrdr is offline  
Old 07-18-2009, 11:54 AM
  #7  
50 Watt CAFz'r
 
Tubeamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 132
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Zenesis Electronics Corp manufacturers high end car security and remote starters - and we're actually 100% Canadian company.
Why does your signature say Chino, California?
Tubeamp is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:13 AM
  #8  
50 Watt CAFz'r
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 365
Originally Posted by Tubeamp View Post
Why does your signature say Chino, California?
thats the parent company address i would assume!
nghtrdr is offline  
Old 07-22-2009, 10:14 AM
  #9  
Guest
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 295
We are Zenesis dealers if you are looking for pricing.
selective sound is offline  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:41 PM
  #10  
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
Many years ago (20+) I built my own remote car starter and installed it in my manual car. Everything went well until I started the car in gear and it drove across the parking lot into the drainage ditch. Luckily there were no cars in the way. Later that day I installed a motion detector which would shut everything down if the slightest motion was detected. My car stayed dry ever after.

Dropout

Hey guys, thanks for all the greetings.
Our remote starter has a manual transmission "reservation mode" -which keeps the engine running even after you take the key out (thereby forcing the car to be kept in neutral) and shut off when you shut the door. If you happen to open the door(s) again, the reservation mode will be cancelled and you won't be able to remote start until you reset it again.

It's a safety feature. But yes.. its been done for several years.
sam@zenesis is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: saying hello from Zenesis Car Security


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.