General Discussion General discussion about all things car audio, from pioneer, orion, alpine and eclipse.

Lookin for a set up.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:53 PM
  #1  
0 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Lookin for a set up.

What up world. I'm from Montreal and I drive an old *** Mazda 626 and I don't know much about car sound system but I do know when they sound good or bad. So I want to buy an car sound system (amp, subs, speakers...) for around 1000$. I want something clear, not just bassy. I am a huge hip hop fan. So can u guys suggest me anything ?
KingKong is offline  
Old 08-15-2009, 03:40 PM
  #2  
50 Watt CAFz'r
 
mustaine4prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by KingKong View Post
What up world. I'm from Montreal and I drive an old *** Mazda 626 and I don't know much about car sound system but I do know when they sound good or bad. So I want to buy an car sound system (amp, subs, speakers...) for around 1000$. I want something clear, not just bassy. I am a huge hip hop fan. So can u guys suggest me anything ?
well you demand clean and clear but keep in mind, when it comes to car audio,you get what you pay for. your $1000 budget isn't that bad you can get some descent stuff for that.When I started my car I was on a budget not much higher then yours.I listened to allot of speakers and ended up going with all kicker speakers. They sound phenomenal for there price. Ive upgraded the crap out of my system since then but still my kicker speakers remain.I listen to allot of different kinds of music and the kickers sound good to it all.(especially metal and rock)
You mentioned your mostly into rap, check out JL audio. There speakers dominate the rap music.
I would suggest checking on local use on-line buy/sells. you can always find some good quality stuff on there from the people like me who keep upgrading there stuff. (BE WARNED; CAR AUDIO CAN BE AN ADDICTION. LIKE A STEROID JUNKIE LOOKS IN THE MIRROR AND THINKS HES STILL TO SMALL. OR THE ANOREXIC CHICK THINKS SHES FAT. I LOOK AT MY RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE STEREO AND THINK ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH)

Good luck with the stereo overhaul and hit me back if you need help with anything else car audio.
mustaine4prez is offline  
Old 08-15-2009, 09:31 PM
  #3  
0 Watt CAFz'r
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by mustaine4prez View Post
well you demand clean and clear but keep in mind, when it comes to car audio,you get what you pay for. your $1000 budget isn't that bad you can get some descent stuff for that.When I started my car I was on a budget not much higher then yours.I listened to allot of speakers and ended up going with all kicker speakers. They sound phenomenal for there price. Ive upgraded the crap out of my system since then but still my kicker speakers remain.I listen to allot of different kinds of music and the kickers sound good to it all.(especially metal and rock)
You mentioned your mostly into rap, check out JL audio. There speakers dominate the rap music.
I would suggest checking on local use on-line buy/sells. you can always find some good quality stuff on there from the people like me who keep upgrading there stuff. (BE WARNED; CAR AUDIO CAN BE AN ADDICTION. LIKE A STEROID JUNKIE LOOKS IN THE MIRROR AND THINKS HES STILL TO SMALL. OR THE ANOREXIC CHICK THINKS SHES FAT. I LOOK AT MY RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE STEREO AND THINK ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH)

Good luck with the stereo overhaul and hit me back if you need help with anything else car audio.
I completely agree with that statement. I am almost uncomfortable in my car with my mediocre system (next to the people around here) yet i'm always thinking about upgrading. It's terrible.
leftbehind is offline  
Old 08-15-2009, 10:42 PM
  #4  
1000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,462
Are you not the "Kingkong" from the GTA that keeps asking about what subs to get? If you make another thread I'll give you one! If not... I had a sunfire (rest in pieces). I spent this much on it to get around 140dB (35hz tune), I didn't upgrade the speakers. They were crap, though, and the sub almost drowned them out completely. It was awesome.

used RE XXXv3 12 - $350 bought here
used 1500W visonik amp - $250 bought here
I over paid for my wrongly-built (I was specific, too) box - $300

$900 total

I had good equipment, but my install wasn't what I'd of done now.

It's a funny thing... A few weeks before my car was stolen, I bought an Atomic APX off Yuli and swapped it out and was listening to it's muddy sound for 1 week (for some reason it dropped "harder" than the XXX and didn't move at all while doing it - that motor was stiff as hell) - it sounded like an SPL woofer - I didn't mind at all, the XXX was even 1-2dB louder, the box wasn't spec'd for either also. It was stolen instead of my XXXv3. If I had to choose between them I'd keep my XXX. If I didn't buy that Atomic I'd be so pissed!

So the lesson is....


BUY AN ALARM BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE!

Now I drive a pimpin' Alero with two alarms so I'm not pissed lol.
Lord Huggington is offline  
Old 08-16-2009, 12:12 AM
  #5  
50 Watt CAFz'r
 
mustaine4prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by rbgnwa45 View Post
Are you not the "Kingkong" from the GTA that keeps asking about what subs to get? If you make another thread I'll give you one! If not... I had a sunfire (rest in pieces). I spent this much on it to get around 140dB (35hz tune), I didn't upgrade the speakers. They were crap, though, and the sub almost drowned them out completely. It was awesome.

used RE XXXv3 12 - $350 bought here
used 1500W visonik amp - $250 bought here
I over paid for my wrongly-built (I was specific, too) box - $300

$900 total

I had good equipment, but my install wasn't what I'd of done now.

It's a funny thing... A few weeks before my car was stolen, I bought an Atomic APX off Yuli and swapped it out and was listening to it's muddy sound for 1 week (for some reason it dropped "harder" than the XXX and didn't move at all while doing it - that motor was stiff as hell) - it sounded like an SPL woofer - I didn't mind at all, the XXX was even 1-2dB louder, the box wasn't spec'd for either also. It was stolen instead of my XXXv3. If I had to choose between them I'd keep my XXX. If I didn't buy that Atomic I'd be so pissed!

So the lesson is....


BUY AN ALARM BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE!

Now I drive a pimpin' Alero with two alarms so I'm not pissed lol.


your right alarm first. but then do speakers. who wants all bass and no mids and high's... seriously...
mustaine4prez is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Hardcore Rock Superstar
General Discussion
8
10-01-2005 01:01 AM
livinloudjmy
General Discussion
1
08-20-2005 09:04 PM
DV8ion
General Discussion
22
02-01-2005 08:51 PM
Hakujin
General Discussion
17
11-10-2003 10:39 AM
Hardcore Rock Superstar
Car Alarm and Mobile Security
8
11-08-2003 07:38 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lookin for a set up.


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.