General Discussion General discussion about all things car audio, from pioneer, orion, alpine and eclipse.

Dex-p99rs

Old 01-11-2010, 04:49 PM
  #21  
500 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
jstoner22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 846
ya its a lot of money. but it is a lot of deck. aside from a DRZ there is nothing out there that even stands close to what this thing offers(sq, processing all in one)
jstoner22 is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 04:52 PM
  #22  
500 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
jstoner22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 846
Originally Posted by avidedtr View Post
The Pioneer P01 and P99 is the first DECK IMHO to have everything needed in one unit.

Decks I've used and consider good.
Denon Z1 ( THE KING )
Eclipse CD 7200mkII
RFX-8240
Eclipse 8053
Eclipse 5302 first deck I ever owned



i've seen the odd picture of a japanese menu. but realistically, how much of the navigation is in japanese? without learning the language, do you need to just kinda wing it when trying to tune it?


and those are some nice decks btw. i've never heard a denon, always wanted too though.
jstoner22 is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 04:52 PM
  #23  
2000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (11)
 
avidedtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,544
Originally Posted by vrdublu View Post
I think it's the best deck made to date, althougn $1200 ouch. 4 preouts is the shizznit. Why would you even consider buying a deck at this cost with a built in amplifier? Loving what Pioneer is doing with car audio these days, although still a little behind HT and Home audio, they are getting there, now they just have to realize that we don't all play in the NBA and can't afford these damn things.
Alpine F#1 status HU's were almost double Retail when it first launched and all it did was play cd's.

Last edited by avidedtr; 01-11-2010 at 04:54 PM.
avidedtr is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 04:54 PM
  #24  
2000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (11)
 
avidedtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,544
Originally Posted by jstoner22 View Post
i've seen the odd picture of a japanese menu. but realistically, how much of the navigation is in japanese? without learning the language, do you need to just kinda wing it when trying to tune it?


and those are some nice decks btw. i've never heard a denon, always wanted too though.
the learning curve was 10 minutes tops. everything is all by memory for me.

If you want to see the deck first hand I'll have the FIT done in 20 days.
avidedtr is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 04:54 PM
  #25  
500 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
jstoner22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 846
.......maybe there is something wrong with me. but multiple people have said 1200 is ridiculous for a deck.
lol, i thought that was actually really good for this thing.

Last edited by jstoner22; 01-11-2010 at 05:01 PM.
jstoner22 is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
  #26  
500 Watt CAFz'r
 
d4rin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 849
It is expensive, but I am sure it is worth it if you have a great setup!
d4rin is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 05:09 PM
  #27  
Blu
Level 2 Supporter
iTrader: (7)
 
Blu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 617
Originally Posted by avidedtr View Post
the learning curve was 10 minutes tops. everything is all by memory for me.

If you want to see the deck first hand I'll have the FIT done in 20 days.
Can I get in on that offer? I'm in Whitby as well... not that I really need the temptation that seeing this unit up close and personal would surely bring!

Without question, if I could afford to, I would buy this deck tomorrow. The options and flexibility offered in such a neat and tidy package make it a deal at the price of admission being discussed
Blu is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 09:43 PM
  #28  
Yankee
 
JohnVroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,599
It is a nice HU (though I haven't opened my DEH-P01 yet) I am sure it is 'sonically' similar to the 880 and the P-9 as their made by Pioneer too. At the price it is a steal but it is not cheap, but I have owned other products significantly more expensive. I did not purchase a F#1 or a Z1 or a P-9 and I have nothing but regret over that.

Please remember these are electromechanical devices with an optical piece. The electronics age and fail, mechanical devices age and fail, and the laser is nothing more than a 'light bulb' so everything in the HU could fail at some point so if $1200 is huge money save it. There are numerous decks available for less that are very satisfying, but if you can swing it I think it is a fair investment in sound. Now I also think the North American spec is a smarter purchase than the Japanese spec (warranty) but the Japanese model has a real 'cool' factor too.
JohnVroom is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 09:49 PM
  #29  
500 Watt CAFz'r
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
jstoner22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 846
reading the pioneer site, i hope it sounds alot nicer than the 880. and that is a nice unit. they are boasting that the dsp is 5 times faster than that unit.
you have it and haven't opened it!????????

i think the warranty is what it comes down to....the cool factor is sweet, but i think warranty on a 1200 dollar deck is smarter:S

and btw, where did 1200 come from?? it is listed at 1350 US on the site.
jstoner22 is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 PM
  #30  
2000 Watt CAFz'r
iTrader: (11)
 
avidedtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,544
Originally Posted by JohnVroom View Post
It is a nice HU (though I haven't opened my DEH-P01 yet) I am sure it is 'sonically' similar to the 880 and the P-9 as their made by Pioneer too. At the price it is a steal but it is not cheap, but I have owned other products significantly more expensive. I did not purchase a F#1 or a Z1 or a P-9 and I have nothing but regret over that.

Please remember these are electromechanical devices with an optical piece. The electronics age and fail, mechanical devices age and fail, and the laser is nothing more than a 'light bulb' so everything in the HU could fail at some point so if $1200 is huge money save it. There are numerous decks available for less that are very satisfying, but if you can swing it I think it is a fair investment in sound. Now I also think the North American spec is a smarter purchase than the Japanese spec (warranty) but the Japanese model has a real 'cool' factor too.
I totally agree with the cool factor. The P01 matches my car in the fact that it's made in japan and it compliments my new theme. I like its simplistic looks and the Xover, TA and EQ are so straight forward. ^^^ $1200 is what I paid USD from Scott Buwalda contact.
avidedtr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dex-p99rs


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.